Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Ping-Pong Table
A ping-pong table is a great addition to any rec room, providing fun for players of any age and skill level. At Pathmark Billiards, we know our tables, providing ping-pong tables in the Calgary area and beyond. If you’re considering buying a ping-pong table for your home (or perhaps even office), there are a few things to consider before making a final purchase.
- What’s your game? Something to consider first is who will make the most use of the table? A player practicing for competitive play has different requirements than a group of kids playing just to have fun. Unless you’re aiming to become the next world champion, buying a more affordable basic model might be a better choice than springing for a more costly high-end model.
- Standing or going? There are several options when it comes to ping-pong tables. A folding model will make storage a cinch and allow a player to practice solo. If you don’t plan to move the table regularly, a stationary model will give you a more stable base. However, having your table on wheels will make it a lot easier to move the table around regularly.
- How thick a table? For the most part, unless you’re a professional player, you’ll notice little difference between one table’s thickness and another. Still, having a table that’s at least 3/4” will provide better control of a ball’s bounce. If you plan on using a table outdoors, getting a resin or aluminum table will prove more durable.
- Is this on the level? Make sure the table you wish to buy has a levelled top, with no sign of warping or bending. You can eyeball it from the side, or use a level to be sure. Likewise, getting a table with built-in levelers in the legs can help keep the table flat and on the level over time.
- The devil’s in the details. Sweat the small stuff! Make sure the table has a nice, smooth finish. A net with padded attachments will help keep your table free of scratches and scuffs. Double-check the edges of the table; make sure they are free of any defects that could snag clothing or cut someone’s fingers.
Quality Tables and Expert Advice
A ping-pong table will bring hours of fun to kids and adults, and if maintained with a bit of care, will do so for many years. Pathmark Billiards has a great selection of custom ping-pong tables, including the perfect one for you and your family! Visit our website, or give us a call!